Sunday 23 June 2013

La vie en rose - The Beautiful Life

So, out of the hustle and bustle of Paris and off to the Beaujolais wine region in France.

Straight off the bus to wine tasting at a winery that was more than 120 years old.

I've gotta say I'm not a fan of Paris but France I do love.

The countryside is so pretty here we were fortunate to stay in a pretty cool mansion called Chateau De Cruix with breathtaking views from the bedroom window every morning.

The first morning we loaded up picnic bags with fresh baguettes cheese and wine from the winery and headed to a picnic spot but no one warned us that it was practically a hike!! And for all you who know me, I wasn't to keen halfway but the view and a bottle of champas was a sweet i after a rocky hike up a mountain.

The country here reminds me a little of NZ it's very lush and everything is green. Roses and pansys just line the roads & fields of poppys as well.
After that a well deserved swim was in store for me so straight to the Chateau pool for some tanning and cold beers. For the first time I'm literally burnt.

Check out all my photos from France as I write this on the bus heading to Spain!! Can't wait to try a real Spanish Paella, and sangria!

Times going way to fast for me, which is a good thing cause I am missing everyone! Shout out to you mum, you gotta come to Europe one day it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment