Sunday 30 June 2013

Firenze, Florence

Florence is actually named after a flower and home to some amazing artists and influential people, such as Michaelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinchi, Makaveli, and Donatello.

We arrived to our campsite.....
Yes, second campsite and not the last of my tour, can't wait for a hotel! Just putting it out there... Lol Anyway our first day in Florence we headed to the city for a leather tour. Here we learnt about the process of making leather products and how to tell a fake! So excited because I bought my first leather handbag made here in Italy!

The lane ways in Italy are covered in people selling fake leather and imitations of famous paintings. If you get caught wearing any fake designer brands you get a fine on the spot from the police!

After the leather tour we went and viewed all the statues which stand in a square to represent the Roman history in Florence. We also got to see the famous Ponte Vecchio bridge. I've decided not to do anymore walking tours because I like doing them alone because it's not as overcrowded and I love roaming around the lane ways and finding hidden stores and markets. And most of all its free. So all my photos I can't explain this time what they're about!

While wandering around we came across a caricature artist and got a picture drawn. He was selling watercolour paintings and being Italian as you'd all know they're very vocal on what they think of you! I asked to buy a painting and he said "No, you are so beautiful and sweet to me I want to show you my personal collection." so he went and grabbed a folder of paintings he sells to art galleries. I purchased two and was so rapped cause no one else will have the same original hand painted art that I do. Not going to lie I've gone a bit overboard with paintings and old pictures to frame for my house.

That night we tried a Tuscan dinner at a restaurant in the city. For €35 we got three pastas, meatballs, chicken & polenta, cured meats, dessert, and two glasses of red wine. Seriously delicious food and pretty sweet value!

Afterwards I forced myself to follow the group to a club. (this is for you Kayla)when we got there, not kidding it was like Chasers nightclub Melbourne. So definitely not my scene! The weirdest thing was there were literally children in the club, these kids were all like 13, 14 year olds. They weren't allowed to buy alcohol, but who was stopping them drinking it. It was pretty weird felt like a school disco..... Probs won't be going out again.

Gotta run, cause I'm standing outside the coloseum in Rome ready to go look around!

Missing home and everyone big time!!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment